It is a pleasure to announce the new Conservative Society committee for the academic year 2012-2013. The AGM was held last Thursday March1st and all positions were filled.
The new committee is as follows:
- President: Matthew Corner
- Treasurer: Matthew Gibbard
- Vice President: Ellie Setford
- Secretary: Harry Ives
- Social Secretary: Jeni Taylor
- Campaigns Officer: Jack Aldridge
- Outreach Officer: Harriet Gilchrist
- Website & Publicity Officer: James Mitchell
- Publications Editor: George Pender
Further business passed during the AGM and several amendments were proposed and voted on:
(a) Constitutional change/amendment proposed by Matthew Gibbard, with William Hall tabling an amendment just be that:
4.35 Promote the society and political education and knowledge through an online presence.
Both the motion and the amendment were passed.
(b) William Hall spoke for:
Motion to UCLU Conservative AGM (1/03/12) To Create A Working Group
Questions were asked by Tom Fletcher & George Pender. Motion was passed.
(c) Motion proposed for Life Membership to be given to Samuel Firth by Louisa Townson, seconded by Stefan Krick – Stefan Krick spoke in favour and Jack Aldridge spoke in opposition. Marta Krokosz then spoke in favour and William Hall against. Motion was passed.