Run Brian Run!

On Sunday 25th of April committee member Brian Middleton will be running the Virgin London Marathon in order to raise money for the North London Hospice.  The North London Hospice offers its services free of charge to patients, their families and carers.

The Hospice receives very little in the way of public funding. In 2009 they received only 20% of our running costs from the local authority. This means the remaining 80% has to be raised through all kinds of fundraising including donations, legacies and our hospice shops. The hospice currently costs over £11,000 a day to run.

They rely heavily on the support, goodwill and generosity of the local community. I’am extremely grateful to everyone who has contributed to the hospice in however small or large a way.

By running the marathon Brian hopes to raise money and contribute to this worthwhile cause, but he can’t do it without our support and donations. Clicking here will take you to his ‘just give site’ where you will be able to make an online donation. On behalf of the society I would like to wish Brian every success in his endeavour.

In the interest of free speech, these comments are unmoderated. Please do, however, bear in mind the words of Lady Margaret Thatcher: "If they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left."